Saturday, September 22, 2012

Broom Parking

I love Halloween crafts. I'm not sure why, but I just do. So I saw this super cute idea on pinterest and really wanted to make it. You can check it out here. I whipped out my handy dandy silhouette and designed my vinyl. That was the easy part. I looked on line to find a broom that would work. They were all way over priced. I just couldn't justify $20.00 for a witches broom. So I tried to think of what I would do and decided I would just have to make one. It can't be that hard right? I live on the Palouse, which essentially means I live amongst wheat & garbanzo bean fields. It's harvest time, so all the wheat fields were recently cut. But, when they cut the wheat, they only cut the top off, so there is fields of great straw looking stuff. We pulled over one day and hopped out and cut some. (my friend Marilou saw us cutting it, and told me she thought, who is that cutting wheat? Then she saw me and thought, oh, it's Erin. That makes more sense. I got a good laugh out of it when she told me;-) I found a good looking broom stick down by the grizzly bear enclosure. Brought them home and started gluing. I think it turned out pretty good actually. I looked high and low for a toad and could only find this yucky orange one at walmart. You can't really tell with the flash on the vinyl but it says, One Hour Broom Parking Violators Will Be Toad.
Didn't care for it, so I spray painted that too. Got some hooks and put it all together tonight.
I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment