Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cowboy Baby Shower

I've been on a party planning kick lately. I'm going to chalk it up to "nesting" as people call it. Really, I think it has more to do with the love I have for my silhouette. And now, since I have finally restocked the ink in my computer, I'm experimenting with the print and cut capabilities. I'm a little bit addicted. Luckily, my pal Josie is having her first baby boy, so we got to throw a shower for her. I thought a cowboy theme would be cute. I found some cute ideas on pinterest and a few of my own and off we went!! Here's my banner. You can't really see it very well, but the letters are cow print. Again, I'm loving the print and cut feature on my silhouette. And it was another chance for me to laminate something. For some reason, I find laminated items very satisfying. I think because I know they'll last longer. For food, we decided to run with the cowboy theme and had bbq chicken wings, baked beans, cornbread, honey butter, pies and other yummy foods. My awesome pals helped with all of this, Marie & Charlene. We split the work amongst the 3 of us and it was much easier to manage. I love how the pie signs, and cupcake toppers turned out. Hard to see, but really cute. I don't know if you can see the little cowboy hat by the cupcake stand. I LOVE it. I found it at Hobby Lobby and wish I had bought 10 of them just because they are so cute. I also found the wood boxes and cow print napkins at Hobby Lobby. I found the cow print balloons on amazon and love them too. The tables had a strip of burlap as table runners with blue bandana's and mason jar centerpieces with daisies in them. So cute. The present table before it started. Don't worry, it was completely full and running over when the party started. A close up of the centerpieces. Way to go Marie and Charlene!! The silverware were in cans that Charlene made. I love how they turned out. She put the cow print on then wrapped twine around the edges. Love it!! The cornbread was seriously delicious. Yum!! My favorite decoration by far is the Waterin' Hole. I found the idea on Pinterest. I LOVE it!! It turned out so cute. I put some root bear, sprite, juice and water in and it all turned out so cute!! I'm so glad I got to help throw this shower for my friend Josie. It was so fun and cute. Josie deserved it too, she is a truly good friend. Love you Josie!!

2 comments:

  1. You girls are so sweet to throw such a cute shower! You did such a good job. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late to the party (haha). But wanted to say thanks again! It was the cutest baby shower ever, and I am so lucky to have such awesome friends to do that for me!

    ReplyDelete