Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day Shirts

This year I decided to make the kiddos some St. Patrick's Day shirts. Do you remember being in elementary school and being really concerned about getting pinched on St. Patty's day? I do, and although my kids are still too young to understand the whole holiday, I wanted to make them one anyway.


Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE my silhouette? It can be used for ANYTHING! I found this cute fabric at Joanne's and browsed Pinterest for some inspiration. This is what I came up with. I saw a lot of Pinch Proof shirts on pinterest, but I didn't like the fonts so I girly-d it up a bit and kind of love how it turned out. The Sham- Rock t shirt is probably my favorite though. To cut fabric on the silhouette is pretty simple. You can use the silhouette brand interfacing or you can use Heat N Bond.

-Fuse it to the wrong side of your pre-washed fabric with the corresponding fabric setting on your iron.

-cut the height and width you'll need

-peel back the backing on the Heat N Bond and adhere to your mat.

Make sure to change your settings and blade to fabric with interfacing. The program usually tells me I need to change my blade to a 3, but after a few trials, I found that a 4 worked best.

-then place it on the surface you want to fuse it to and iron!

-voila! St. Patty's Day shirts!

It's been a learning curve with my silhouette machine. With all the different projects, I've learned something new. It's been really fun and I'm still sure there is more to figure out.



(isn't my little man adorable?)

2 comments:

  1. Love the shirts! (Plus the kid/baby models are adorable)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sham-Rock" pretty funny. What did Ava's say, I couldn't read it. This Silloette tool sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete