Friday, July 6, 2012

Glass Etching

Do you know how hard it is to take pictures of etched glass? It's hard. I must have taken these pictures 20 time and they still didn't turn out great. Oh well. When Daniel and I got married, someone gave us a 9 x 13 pan with our last name etched on the bottom. It was my favorite pan. Sadly, Daniel put it on the stove to wait for the oven to preheat. Then went to cook something on the stove top. He turned on the wrong burner and my beautiful, personalized pan was shattered into a million pieces. So I decided to make my own. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I LOVE MY SILHOUETTE!!! Hands down, the best Christmas gift I ever got. Way to go Daniel!! I made my little design, cut it out in vinyl. Put it on the pans and put some Armour Glass etching on it and voila! Personalized pans.
I did learn a few things along the way though. 1st you really have to glob it on. It needs to be thick. Second, the blogs that say you only have to leave it on for 10 minutes are lieing. You really need to let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hr.
It's hard to tell, but this is my pie pan and it says 'A Sweet Treat!'
This last one is super hard to see, but it's the side of the pie pan and has our last name on it. My sister and I did all these together and hers turned out super cute. Now I just want to go around etching everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment