Friday, July 6, 2012

Initial Wall Decor

I saw this super cute oval frame at a thrift store and since they are hard to find, I bought it for $1. It was the classic picture frame gold color that I didn't love. But I waited until I decided what I wanted to do with it, then I painted it. I have been totally in love with the latest robins egg blue phase. And it just happens to be one of the colors in my room. So I decided to paint the frame that color and antique it with the General Finishes, van dyke brown glaze effects. Someone in Utah send me more of that! I got it from the Wood Connection and I'm almost out!! This was my 1st time priming anything and it worked out so much better then all my other spray paint projects. I'm converted.
I looked everywhere for the right B to go in the frame. I was unsuccessful and settled on this one. I'm still not in love with it, but if I come across the right one, it's easily replaced.
I do like the colors though. It goes perfectly with our bedroom.
See what I mean about the font? Just don't love it. But, I am pleased with the overall product.

No comments:

Post a Comment