Friday, June 15, 2012

4th of July!

I have no July 4th decorations, so I thought it was time. I looked all over pinterest and saw a few things that were cute, but nothing that I REALLY wanted to make. So I thought up this one all on my own. I have this huge piece of 2x12 wood in my craft room so my super cool hubby cut it down for me. He used the router on the edges to give it a clean look. But in hind sight, I think it would look cleaner with a smaller wood. 2 inches is just too thick. So I sanded it and painted it with real blue. Then used some of my glaze on it to age it a bit. (can I just say that I LOVE that stuff!) Then used my Silhouette to cut the vinyl. I couldn't decide on what phrase I wanted to use. I thought maybe, "I Pledge Allegiance . . . to the Flag." Or "One Nation . . . Under God." But finally settled on this one. I'm kind of loving it. If anyone wants one, let me know! I'll sell you one!

1 comment: