Friday, June 8, 2012

New Dress

This is the dress I made for Ava to wear to the wedding. It was a heavy-itchy fabric that frayed like crazy. Luckily I figured out that it had some nylon in it and just took a lighter to the edges which helped with the fray. I'm too lazy to go buy fray check;-) The pattern didn't have a lining for the skirt and we wanted all the dresses to have a little pink petty-skirt (is that how you spell that?). So I essentially made a second skirt out of the lining and attached the pink tulle. I also made my 2 niece's dresses for the wedding. They all turned out pretty cute. Caitlin's turned out a little shorter then I thought it would, but looking at the pattern again, I think it was meant to be kind of a baby-doll dress. Luckily I added lining to that dress too, so I could extend the length a little with the pink tulle. I love how Whitney's turned out too. She's the oldest granddaughter so I wanted her to look a little older, so Christina and I picked out this pattern. I made an extra flower for her dress too. The wedding colors were bubblegum pink and silver and black I think, so they all looked adorable in the dresses. Luckily my sister in law Melissa, can sew too and made her daughters dress and the bow ties for all the boys. Everyone complimented them all on how cute they all looked together. It was fun because I'm starting to feel more comfortable altering patterns to what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment