Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Firecrackers

I've seen so many cute, crafty firecrackers the last few years and decided it was time to make my own. I didn't want to do the typical flag design on one firecracker so decided on this design. I've had this 6 foot 2x12 piece of wood in my sewing room for a long time and decided to start putting it to use. Daniel cut out some blocks out for me and I trimmed them to the length I wanted with my scroll saw and sanded them up. I think I need to get a 1" belt sander to get the effects I want, but it'll have to wait for another day. I LOVE my silhouette SO much! I would never be able to write anything and have it look this good. So, as a solution, I typed up what I wanted in my silhouette studio and cut it out in vinyl and used that as a stencil to paint over. I think it turned out great. I also love the glaze effects from General Finishes. I use this Van Dyke Brown on EVERYTHING! It antiques it and makes it look amazing. I've had this jar forever and it's just now starting to run out. Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment: